Frequently asked questions
Mirai Exchange is a cryptocurrency exchanged based in Norway; you can
read more about us here.
What does it cost to use Mirai Exchange?
Signing up Mirai Exchange is free of charge. We take fees when you make trades on our exchange or make withdrawals.
There are no fees to make a deposit. You can find out more information about
our fee structure here.
Transfers and trading
How do I buy Bitcoin with fiat currencies (USD, EUR, etc.)?
Sign up to the Mirai Exchange here.
- Go to
account settings and fill out your profile.
- Set up
two-factor authentication to make your account more secure.
account verification here. This is required to comply with KYC and AML regulations.
- Go to the deposit screen and
choose bank deposit. There you will find the account to transfer funds to. Make sure you add the correct
message to your transfer so that we can process your deposit quickly.
- We will email you once the funds are available to use at our exchange.
Go to the trade screen and choose BTC/USD to buy Bitcoin using USD. If you want to buy other cryptocurrencies,
you can first buy bitcoins and then use the bitcoins to buy other coins like ANC and LTC.
How do I sell Bitcoin for fiat currencies (USD, EUR, etc)?
- After signup, complete account settings, two-factor authentication and profile verification as explained above.
Go to the trade screen and choose BTC/USD to sell Bitcoin for USD. You can also sell other cryptocurrencies
for USD by first selling them for bitcoin and then sell the bitcoin for USD.
- Go to the withdrawal screen and
add your bank account. Only add bank accounts that are in your name, we do not permit withdrawals to accounts
registered to other names.
- Request a withdrawal to the account added.
- We will email you once the withdrawal has been processed. This can take up to 3 business days.
How do I deposit cryptocurrencies?
- Once you have signed up and filled in your profile
go to the deposit screen and select the cryptocurrency you want to deposit.
- Read the instructions carefully and copy the shown deposit address.
- Send your chosen cryptocurrency to this address.
- For most cryptocurrencies we require six confirmations before your account is credited. Check the status of your
deposit on the deposit page.
- Once your deposit is credited, you can
go to the trade screen and start trading.
How do I withdraw cryptocurrencies?
Go to the withdrawal screen and select the cryptocurrency you want to withdraw.
- Input the amount you want to withdraw and your address for the cryptocurrency of choice.
- Click send.
- Doublecheck that all the details on the next page are correct, especially you withdrawal address. Once a withdrawal
has been sent, there is no way we can refund it in case of a wrong address.
- Generally, your withdrawal will be processed right away. For large withdrawals, it may take up to 24 hours.
How long time does it take for a fiat deposit to be credited?
SEPA Funds Transfers may take 1 to 2 banking days to be credited to our bank account. You will receive an email
when the funds are available for use at our exchange. Make sure you add the correct message to your transfer, if
not it will take longer as we will have to process it manually.
How long time does it take for a fiat withdrawal?
We will process your withdrawal within one business day. SEPA Funds Transfers may take 1 to 2 banking days to
be credited to your bank account. Generally, your account will be credited within three business days.
How do I secure my Mirai Exchange account?
- When signing up, choose a password that you are not using anywhere else. The best way is to have an auto-generated
password for each account. Because it is impossible to remember hundreds of strong passwords, we suggest you
employ a password manager such as 1Password or LastPass.
- Make sure you
enable two-factor authentication here. Read more about two-factor authentication below.
What is two-factor authentication?
Two-factor authentication, also known as 2FA, is an extra layer of authentication and verification that goes beyond
the basic username and password security model. Without this, anyone can log into your account if they know your
username and password. Two-factor verification adds an extra layer of security to your account. The process requires
you to sign in with something you know (your password) and something you have (a code sent to your phone or another
You can contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us when logged in.